Sunday, September 23, 2012

When Life Got In The Way

Sometimes, things don't quite work out as planned, and that's okay. It's just another of those things I need to learn to work around.



Exercise
Life got in the way this week. I screwed up my sleep schedule last weekend by essentially not sleeping, and that messed me up so I couldn't go to class on Monday due to exhaustion. I did manage to go on Wednesday, and actually going made me feel better. On Friday however, going to class was pretty much out of the question, because it was impractical considering social plans and general convenience. It would've been a hassle for me to actually go. I hope this week I can adjust properly and avoid the issue, but it may turn out that Fridays just aren't days I can have dance class. I will figure out a replacement.


Food
I think I ate okay this week. I don't remember having any moments where I felt like I ate way too much at the end of the day. This is somewhat surprising because I still hadn't gone grocery shopping (I went yesterday) and we were eating out/Safeway scrounging all week. It worked out okay though I think. I need to get back in the groove of tracking, hopefully I will be able to do that this week.

Motivation
I am about medium motivated at the moment. I enjoy dance class and so that's why I go, so it's now less because "oh god get the weight off get it off get it off" and more "time to flail wheeee." That's better than it used to be. What else... I'm enjoying eating mostly whatever I want. I'm not really fussing at all about what it is I eat. Though I'm sure when I go in next time, the food will be what is on the slashing board. 
We are officially going to Hawaii! I have dates and flight tickets!! I just bought them today. Super exciting. Now I guess I have an extra reason to try to go to dance class more. I will look into tuesday and thursday classes either this week or next, depending.

I am starting to worry a little that the $10 may not be enough motivation without a target. So I'm going to set a target. There's a pair of Tom's booties that I REALLY want. Trouble is they cost $89. So, those are what I am saving up for. So, to make it an obtainable reality rather than something that is weeks and weeks  ( like 6+) away, I am moving the $10 to $15. So, it will still take a while, but it's a bit of a shorter while. 

Because I am thinking that Fridays might not be something possible, and Tim said it was important for my goals to be something I think I can actually do,I am going to set it back down to 2  classes for now until I can do that reliably for 3 weeks. Then I will try to add the Fridays again. 

So here's the plan:

What: Dance Class
When: Monday and Wednesday at 5:45

If I go to less than 2 classes, no $15 and no one step closer to these:


1 comment:

  1. Sounds good Kiersten! I agree with your idea of doing 2x dance consistently before moving to 3x. I'm glad you're happy about your food. And I like your idea of a goal to work towards with the money! I might try something like that.

    ReplyDelete