Friday, March 1, 2013

And I lied!

My last post was all about how normal things were going to continue and how I was going to figure out routines. I lied. Horribly. But not through any fault of my own.

A week ago yesterday I was laid off from my job. Yup. I'm unemployed! In some ways, this is a very very good thing. I am now free to spend all my time seeking the work I want to do and taking care of myself. I no longer have the tiredness/ constantly busy to contend with in terms of me eating right and exercising. Plus, I'm a lot happier, since I get to do the things I want to do all day. Yes, this includes job hunting.

Job hunting in this case doesn't suck because I actually very much know what I want and am quite qualified to do it at the entry level. I have also been given the opportunity through my mother and a few other random people to do some consulting work while I look for a job. So, while I may be unemployed and it's a little bit scary, I have a lot of opportunities ahead of me and i am not worried.

It helps that for the moment I am funded. I have severance pay through the end of March, and I have applied for unemployment (which will still be enough for rent and food).With that, I will remain afloat until at least June, by which point I should have found work.

Now, back to this whole Undoing College stuff that I now have time to address unabashedly.

My goals to start:
1) One exercise type activity a day, whether it's a little walking, some lifting, a yoga class or some blogilates, one thing a day. My activity today was a walk to downtown to get a new keyboard for my iPad (my laptop is currently on a healing trip to the Apple repair guys, and will hopefully return with a new logic board and no problems whatsoever).

2) Eat breakfast as soon as I can after getting up. It's just good practice because it gets my metabolism rolling, and when I'm trying to get my body to a better place, that's just a good idea.

3) Eat as clean as possible. I'm not very good at this because I love cheese, but I can make sure that 3/4 of the meals I make, whether they are for myself or for the whole household, are clean eating. Occasionally mac and cheese is just going to happen, but if I make an effort to plan the big meals as clean ones, all will be well in my eating world.

I am not going to get back into calorie counting just yet, as I said I was going to in my last post. When I am at home, I really don't eat very much. I have one big meal a day and the rest of the time is just little snacks. Unless I start having real trouble losing the weight, I am just going to eat as clean as possible and stop when I'm not hungry anymore. I think I should be alright.

Anyway, as of my last weigh-in I have already lost a little bit, so hopefully the progress will continue!

More as there is more! Planning on going to Yoga a bunch next week (I found a place that offers 30 days of unlimited for $30!).

1 comment:

  1. Being happy makes a huge difference in how your body operates, I've found. Hurray for new beginnings! :D

    ReplyDelete