Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Figuring it out

As you all know from my last post (which you should all go read, since I failed to post it to facebook), I have stopped dieting. However, I have decided that this is only temporary.

I have been eating however I like for the past 2 weeks and it has been liberating. I have not been overly concerned with the sugar or carbohydrates in my food, though I have tried to be a bit cautious in the overall weekly content. That is, I can eat whatever I want, but I need to be careful about patterns of that.

So this is my new plan. It's similar to the old one, only it allows me a bit more freedom and won't make me paranoid.  (Keep in mind that I am working this out as I type, and all of it is subject to adjustment and change)

I get one cheat meal a day, but these cheat meals must be low on the caloric scale. No pigging out on french fries and chocolate shakes, or huge plates of pasta with cake after. None of that. (Not that I have been doing that, but I must expressly forbid it regardless.)

So, for example. I have already had my cheat meal today. It was breakfast (this will only happen when we are out of protein shakes) and it was granola and milk. Delicious, generally healthy, low calorie count but NOT diet. I didn't have to worry or be hungry or feel guilty because I didn't go to the grocery store yesterday. All is well, I just can't eat another cheatsy meal today. 

I guess what I'm doing here is combining the glycemic/ low carb  of the South Beach and 4-Hour body plans with the limited calories/ points of Weight Watchers. We'll see how it goes.

I haven't weighed myself since my last post here. I'm a bit scared to, honestly, but I will soon. 

I'm also working on doing Yoga a couple nights a week. Not a class, just me doing Yoga. We'll see what happens. 

More later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment