Monday, March 5, 2012

A brief update

So last week went rather... meh. I'm not sure what changes have occurred since I havent had the chance to measure properly. We had a busy weekend away from home. That seems to be happening a lot lately. Things should calm down this coming weekend though and I should be able to get some regular numbers and posts up on here. For now however, all I have is how I'm feeling.

Last I weighed myself (Friday midday, I took a sick day to cure a sore throat and general exhaustion) I was at 181.6 So, that's back to where I was before February drove a tank through my diet. I cannot say I was super good this weekend. I did my best, but there were cookies being baked. You really expect me to resist fresh baked vegan ginger snaps and peanut butter pillows? I thought not. I did do a lot more walking than normal though, so that hopefully made up for some of my transgressions. I will attempt to get up early enough to weigh myself tomorrow morning so I'll have some numbers to report. When I hit 179 (or suddenly lower) I will post. 

In terms of how I'm feeling about the diet, it's not what I eat or what I can't eat and what I do eat that is the problem, it's more of the situations it puts me in when I'm not at home, which is most of the time. It's a bit annoying to be constantly worrying about what I'm eating. Whenever I eat I have to worry about a lot of things. First all the diet rules (no carbs no sugar) and then portions (will I be hungry later?) and then price.  That's the one part of this that I don't think I can keep up forever. I want to be able to go out to eat with friends and eat whatever the hell I want, even if it is more than once a week. When work has free lunch I want to be able to eat the whole sandwich, the bag of chips and the cookie, not just the innards of the sandwich. I think I can manage it whenever I'm eating by myself or just with Jon, but outside of those normal circumstances, I don't like carrying the restrictions. I don't want to feel diet guilt for eating cookies my friend made. At the moment, that's sort of what I do anyway, but until I lose another 10 I will probably still do my best not to do it too much. At 170 I will worry less. 

So that's the update. I am working on a real recipe post for my "Not-Pasta Pasta" which I'm sure there is a better name for, as there is no way I actually invented it. That will probably get posted later today or tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. When my mom became a vegan she ran into a lot of similar feelings about wanting to eat what everybody else was eating and so on. The only extra perk for her was that she managed to give up meat and other animal products long enough that her body really didn't like them when she did give in and eat some. It also took a long time for her to develop a variety of recipes and know what she could have at each place she went to. Heck, she even managed to negotiate fast food somehow! It sounds like you're hitting a rough spot but what I'm trying to say is that you can do it. Your diligence will pay off and it will become a habit rather than an extended ritual. Go you!

    ReplyDelete