Monday, February 27, 2012

Egg Muffins

I didn't post yesterday for several reasons. The most prominent being that this past week our cheat day was on Saturday and it was a hefty one, therefore my weigh-in Sunday morning was less than satisfactory. I will post new numbers as they go down this week, as I am planning on weighing myself every morning instead of just on Sunday. I think that might keep me a little more honest and a little more careful about how I cheat, since I know I'll see the consequences the next day rather than later in the week. That's the kind of motivation I need at the moment I think.

In other news! I made lunches for myself (and Jon) last night! I made some egg muffins. By egg muffins, I mean eggs cooked in the shape of muffins with many delicious things added.

Unfortunately our oven seems to have a broken pilot light, and so it absolutely refused to heat up above about 100 degrees, so we had to use the microwave this time. Next time I make them (when the oven is fixed) I will post many pretty pictures etc. But for now, I will merely tell you what I made.

2 batches, 6 muffins each, 9 eggs per batch.

1 batch "Italian:" Eggs, italian sausage, parmesan cheese and basil. I am having 2 of these for lunch today. Super delicious!!

1 batch "French Breakfast:" Eggs, canadian bacon (ham would also work here), cheddar cheese, and spinach. 

In case you absolutely must have some numbers:

Yesterday, 2/26/12
183

This morning, 2/27/12
182

I haven't measured inches yet this week. When I hit 181 or 180 I will measure, otherwise its either going to be no change or gain, and that's not motivating. 

I desperately want to break 180 and I've been having a lot of trouble with it. There are a lot of possible reasons, most involve my high level of cheating, but I also need to take into account that I have stopped taking the supplements completely and my water intake is generally pretty sporadic. A lot of it has had to do with the stress I've been under with trying to find a place to move and such, but that's really an awful excuse. I'm not quite sure what to do at the moment other than try to drink more water and eat right rather than mostly right. Hopefully these lunches work well.

We still are going to move at some point, hopefully soon. but we are staying in our current place for another month so we have time. Thankfully March is also a long month. This should reduce my stress level and let me focus more on the diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment