Wednesday, February 1, 2012

And it continues...

I have received the reminder pokes and so it's time for me to write a new blog entry!

I don't however, have much to report other than a very cheatful, but fun and good, weekend in Oregon. Seriously, I didn't have single on diet meal all weekend. It's ok though, no disasters occurred!

I weighed myself last night (I have yet to measure as of writing this, and I think I will refrain until Sunday) and while the numbers show no loss, they're also right around normal for an evening post-dinner weigh in, and where that used to say 189-190, it now says 183. Miserable progress for the 3 weeks I've been doing this, but still progress, and I'm not discouraged. I actually kind of like eating this way.

One thing I did discover this weekend from eating all the rice and bread, was that I fill up faster on it. My stomach was generally confused by all the starch and carbohydrates, so it shut down sooner. I don't know if I'd say that meant I ate much less, but eating the normal amount of food I would made me very full. I figured that was okay, because the purpose of cheat days is to remind the metabolism to run high. We'll see what has happened after being back on the diet yesterday and today. I found I am a bit hungrier... but my stomach will readjust soon.

I did a good thing this weekend, and kept track of everything I ate. Here's the list!

** My normal food


Friday 1/27/12
Atkins protein shake**
Steak Salad (Chipotle)**
Cobb sandwich (Specialty's)
Regular Caribbean Passion Jamba Juice
Ginger Ale
Honey roasted Peanuts and pretzels (on the plane)

Saturday 1/28/12
(starting after midnight)
7-layer burrito
2 supreme tacos
2 cups of tea with sugar and soy
Yogurt and grapenuts with a little honey
1 piece of whole wheat bread
4 pieces of pizza
2 mikes hard
1 bud light lime
1 sugar free, hard liquor beverage
1 Soy white russian

Sunday 1/29/12
Yogurt and grapenuts with a little honey
Tea with sugar
Chai tea latte (soy)
Butternut squash soup and some bread
Thai Orchid dinner (curry, rice, tom kha soup with tofu, pad thai, peanut sauce, chicken)
Super food cookie

Monday 1/30/12
Whole wheat toast with butter and peanut butter
Katsudon (only ate some of the rice)
some almonds/goldfish/dried cranberries
Leftover curry with a little rice
Tea with Sugar and Soy
Ginger Ale
Sushi, salad, edamame

My log is still running, and I will post the rest of this week's records on Sunday with my real weigh in post. 



2 comments:

  1. WOOO! And now we have birthamaday celebrationamas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Ms. kiersten, the medical folks really say you should lose an average of two pounds a week to keep it off, so, technically you are spot on. This is one of the reasons it is so hard to do...it takes real time to get there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete