Friday, March 23, 2012

Interesting...

I found this in my internet escapades today:

The Londoner: The Anti-Diet

I think I will make use of her hunger scale, and her physical hunger v. emotional hunger graphic. I think I'll even post them at my desk at work (which is where I make my worst food decisions, usually involving goldfish and candy).

I also like her 80/20 plan, which is similar to my on diet, not on diet division, only for her its just generally eating healthy. My problem is that I do generally eat healthy. Most of the things in my diet for meals are wholesome. My problem is that my body grabs carbs and sugar and holds onto them for dear life. So for me, eating healthy 80% of the time is avoiding white bread, tortillas and any and all sugar. The other 20% of the time all bets are off.

I meant to start my "eating on diet" plan from my last post this week, but due to extreme laziness, I still have not been to the grocery store. No grocery store= no cooking = not diet food for the most part. We have to go tonight, so my eating habits will get a bit better instantaneously.

I still do not have numbers. I am still afraid of the scale and feeling too big in my clothes to address that fear. Perhaps I will address it tomorrow morning, after I have not eaten for 12 hours and have done Yoga twice.

I did some Yoga last night. It was sort of wimpy. Does anyone know of a good youtube channel for short yoga lessons? I'm going to do some hunting. If I find anything I will post it here.

In other news, if one is in need of a good, relatively inexpensive yoga mat I bought one at Target last week and used it last night. It was $20 ish and it works better at slip-prevention than most other yoga mats I have used. Highly recommended. The brand is embark.



2 comments:

  1. Yay yoga!! I love me some yoga :) I've discovered pilates too, they are also fun. I don't know if you have instant netflix, but they have some good videos for streaming (don't get updated much, though). Look for the Crunch 10 minute solution videos, I enjoy them and they are short enough that I don't have to set aside huge chunks of time--I can do two in the 20 minutes before work and feel good about it :)
    Also, I really enjoyed that article. I think she makes some very good points.
    Go Go Power Kiersten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://healthysexyhappy.tumblr.com/moveyourassnow

    This Tumblr post says it all for in-home exercises / videos. It's really great for whether you want a quick workout or a longer one, and there's a huge list of categories to choose from. I find it really helpful when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to go to the gym or go outside because of the weather!

    ReplyDelete