Monday, June 4, 2012

Zucchini and Chicken Bake

So, I made a delicious last night that I absolutely must record for posterity (and also so I can make it again, since I drastically altered the recipe).

I got the idea from this recipe, which I originally found on Pinterest.


Zucchini, Chicken and Cheese Bake


Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes




Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts or equivalent
EVOO
3 medium zucchini cut into chunks (I did rounds)
1 large clove of garlic, minced
Fresh basil, chopped. (I used about 8 small leaves)
1 tablespoon (ish) dried oregano
Freshly grated pepper
Salt
The zest of one lemon
a handful of shredded parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons (ish) of goat cheese


Preheat oven to 425

1) Put the chicken, zucchini, basil and garlic into a baking dish
2) Drizzle EVOO over the top of everything (use about 2 tablespoons) and sprinkle the oregano, salt, pepper and lemon zest over the top.
3) Move everything around with your hands a bit to be sure the herbs and oil are spread evenly.
4) Sprinkle the parmesan over the top
5) Stick it in the oven!
6) After about 15 minutes, check on it, it should look mostly done. Add a smear of goat cheese to the top of each piece of chicken. Return to the oven and lower the temperature to 350 for another ten minutes or until the chicken is done.
7) EAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment